The place I return to

You are such a sweet kind of comfort
the certainty of knowing
that, at the end of the day,
no matter how far I wander,
there is a place in this world
where I can return.

And somehow,
the Tyndall effect hits differently every time I camp with you...
light slipping through the trees,
breaking into a thousand little worlds,
as if even the sky knows
there is something beautiful
about finding you beside me.

Cold days don't feel so cold
when I have a warm soul like yours to lean towards.
You know that, don't you?

It takes a village to raise a dragon,
but I think it must take something far more extraordinary
to love a dragon like me.

Because...
I breathe fire.
I wander too far.
I guard my heart with scales and claws.

And yet, somehow,
you never asked me to become less of a dragon.

You simply knew...
when to reach for me,
and when to let me fly.

Perhaps that's what love is...
not finding someone who can tame the dragon,
but finding the one person
who knows how to hold its heart.

And whenever the world feels too cold,
too loud,
too far away,

I feel so grateful to be able to find my way back to you.

- Subhashi Tania de Silva



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

there is a strange science to you

my letter to sky